Homebuyers may be frustrated in this hot seller’s market. Check out my top seven tips to help you succeed in the market today.
How can you succeed as a buyer in today’s hot real estate market?
Over the past 60 days, our boutique firm has helped 26 buyers successfully purchase a home. What does that mean?
Ultimately, it means we are doing a few things right for our clients.
If you’ve been struggling to find a home in this seller’s market, pay attention to our top seven tips for succeeding in today’s market:
1. Have everything ready to go. If you are getting a loan, don’t just get prequalified—get pre-approved. If you are a cash buyer, make sure that you have a valid proof of funds on hand and ready to go.
2. Be available and ready to look at homes at a moment’s notice. When a home hits the market, you have to be ready to pounce. In this market, if you wait a week, the home will be gone.
3. Make fast decisions. You can’t look at a home today and think about it before you make an offer. While you’re thinking about a home, three or four other people are looking at it. If you like a home, you need to make a home. If you’re iffy about a home, be prepared to make a decision and live with it either way.
4. Make a clean and flexible offer. Don’t add in a bunch of hurdles for the seller. Be flexible. Look at the things you can give or take. Maybe the closing date is not important to you. If that’s the case, let the seller determine the closing date. That will make your offer more attractive.
5. Work with a good real estate professional. This goes without saying, but I thought I’d mention it anyway. You need an agent who knows the market, knows the inventory, and knows how to find what you’re looking for. Your agent should also have a good reputation and strong relationships with the other agents in the market.
6. Be crystal clear on your priorities. Why are you buying this home? What are you looking for? Stick to two or three important factors; otherwise, it’s easy to lose your way.
7. Find an agent who’s willing to work hard, and be ready to work hard yourself. This is not a market where you can lay back and take it easy. Roll up your sleeves and get in there. In today’s market, everyone has to hustle.
If you have any questions about buying a home or would like to learn more about how my team can help you succeed in this market, just give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!